Leather furniture adds to the charm and appeal of your home or office interior. But this fabric requires constant efforts in its care for maintaining its grandeur and lifespan. Regardless of your kid having an accident on your leather upholstery or an emergency clean-up for preparing for an event, every homeowner with leather sofas/couches needs to observe a certain list of dos and don’ts of for keeping it clean. It does not take much to maintain the brand new look of your leather sofa for years to come. Even if this fabric is soft and costly it is still among the top choices in upholstered furniture for people. If you expend time on its periodic maintenance it will keep elevating the appearance of your space. Read ahead to find out things that you need to do for the upkeep of this fabric.
Don’ts of Leather Sofa Cleaning
- Do not use store-bought chemicals for cleaning your leather sofa. The chemicals found in the locally-available cleaning products are harmful for the leather. You should always opt for GREEN cleaning products for your leather. Whenever you go for professional Leather sofa cleaning Melbourne you should insist them to clean the sofa with chemical-free products.
- Also do not use water to spot treat any spillage. Removing the water-based stains is even more difficult. Using water to remove any stain would exacerbate it by outspreading the degree of the spillage.
- Do not depend on any local sofa cleaner for your leather upholstery cleaning Melbourne because of their high claims. Work with the best upholstery cleaning company that offers leather sofa cleaning. Experienced companies from this field are experienced in usage of recognized cleaning techniques and products. If you hire a less experienced cleaner, you would expose your family and pets to health hazards.
Do’s of Leather Sofa Cleaning
- Wipe out the spilled matter from your leather upholstery instantly after the spillage with a clean cloth. Do not rub the stain violently as that may spread out the spillage to the other untouched portions of the couch. The faster you do so, the higher are the chances of permanent and effective removal of the stain.
- Conduct a patch test of whatever cleaning agent you decide to use for cleaning. It should be done on a hidden area of the sofa. Wait for a day for the solution to dry off and to check if it has worked or not.
- When you opt for services of Leather sofa cleaning Melbourne companies you should be able to clearly communicate your expectations of the cleaning to the cleaner. The leather sofa cleaning professionals are able to remove all dust, dirt and contaminants from your leather furniture that dulled the original colour and shine of the leather. Their efforts would aide you in restoring the leather sofa with its distinctive look. You would get a glossy and clean leather couch as and how the leather sofa cleaning Melbourne professionals have work on it.
- You should definitely to exercise extra caution to avoid keeping sharp objects anyplace near your valuable leather sofa. Generally, belts, buckles, artificial jewellery are these few items that can cause serious damage to your precious leather sofa. In the same way, it is also valid for your pets as well! Their sharp nails can cause the fabric to tear out. It will cause severe damage that wouldn’t be reparable at all on your own. In such conditions, opting to work with leather sofa cleaning Melbourne professionals is necessary.
- The easiest way to spruce up the look of your living room as well as maintenance of your leather sofa is with regular rotation of your cushions. Additionally, doing so would help maintaining your sofa in a good state while also extending its life and improving its look.
- When you vacuum clean the complete house you also should be vacuuming your sofa without fail. Regular vacuuming helps in stopping build-up of oils, dust, dirt, and food crumbs inside your leather couch. Not only vacuuming but cleaning the couch with a wet rag once in few weeks is also suggested. While vacuuming you should use the soft brush attachment. Wiping out the stains if any will help in removal of the liquid substance and stop it from scattering on the other parts of the upholstery.
Alternatively, opting for professional lounge cleaning services is affordable and won’t drive a hole in your budget. Still, lounge cleaning services when delivered by professional cleaners provide the best cleaning results. Nonetheless, it is also notable to understand that these tips and tricks cannot forever save you from opting for professional leather cleaning service. You need to understand that these tricks cannot replace lounge cleaning services. It is better to opt for leather upholstery cleaning Melbourne services from a trustworthy and certified lounge cleaning company regularly.